Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ceremony Pictures

Here are some of the pictures of the wedding ceremony.

People are starting to arrive...

The families were seated to beautiful piano and violin duet of "Fairest Lord Jesus." This is Andrew's dad seating his grandmother.

Andrew's dad seating his stepmom and little brother.

Andrew's dad seating his mom.

My grandfather seating my grandmother.

My dad seating my mom.

Then the congregation sang "In Christ Alone." The processional was to "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring." Here comes my handsome groom with his groomsmen:

My new little sister Abigail!

Hannah-Joy (lots of years of inside jokes here):

Beautiful Danae...

My new big sister Hannah...

Flower girl Libby and ring bearer Connor:

Here comes the bride! I came down the aisle to Rachmaninoff's "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini."

At the altar:

There was a prayer, then Jim said his opening words, and Abigail read our wedding passage, Ephesians 5:22-33. Then Jim did the homily and we said our vows:

Then exchanged rings:

Lighting the unity candle:

Then we sung "Before the Throne of God Above" as a congregation, and kissed a little bit =)

Mr. & Mrs. Wideman!

The recessional was "Praise to the Lord, the Almighty." Here are Thomas and Cara exiting. (I forgot my bouquet, so Cara is carrying both hers and mine!)

The reception hall:

This is a table that had the wedding favors on it (little tins that said "LOVE" on them filled with chocolate!) The poster board was made by Danae, Cara, and I the night before the wedding, and had pictures of Andrew growing up on the left, me growing up on the right, and pictures of us together in the middle.

Groom's cake:

Bride's cake:

For the first time in public...

Cutting the cake.

Harder than it looks:

The rings:

The toasts:

Going to change clothes before leaving.

Headed out the door with everybody blowing bubbles at us:

That's all folks =) You can see all 341 pictures here!

1 comment:

ea said...

yay for you having a blog!

have fun with your mom next week!

emily